From My Window.....

The Magpie, Claude Monet

I am working on cleaning and organizing the Studio of Sewtopia today. Always a frustration for me since I want, need, require a larger space or a different plan. 

I look out my window and see a large piece of property where I would build my dream studio, when my proverbial ship comes in!  Much like the painting, it is a quiet and contemplative view.  Instead I came up with alternative storage for "QUIPS "...Quilts In Progress Sister. They are big, flat, seal snugly and well priced at Costco right now. These four heavy duty plastic boxes will now keep all my pieces for my QUIPS safely stored and available. For $19.95 I have solved an old problem. No hiding in drawers, no messy blocks to re-press because their storage container was too small. I work on several projects at a time and this is the best way for me to organize them.


A work in progress.

  • I am grateful for this sewing space, really I am. I have sewn in closets, (That was really fun actually) dining rooms and many unusual spots. Having a dedicated space is a joy.
  • I think that the opportunity to work on projects you love is a wonderful gift. My non-sewing friends don't understand the dedication and passion, I keep trying to convert them, I should just let it go. 
One week ago I passed on a pile , 80 some, red squares that I had cut years ago. Oh the things you find when you are doing the purge and clean! So our dear Rose took those little orphan squares and look what she did! Isn't this just a classic quilt? The borders were left over from last years Cutting Bee.
A little close up. Rose popped in some plaid blocks to fill out the pattern and add a little pizazz! The Ladies of the Cloth are having another Cutting Bee next week. This time we are cutting 5 inch squares, our own little charm packs :) This is a great way to use up that stash fabric and get a great variety of fabrics for your service quilts as well.
  • You will  proud of me when you see how much fabric I am taking to the  Cutting Bee.  It is time to move this fabric along and we have a great use for all of it. Getting an early start on these  service quilts is the best way in my opinion to get lots done and not have the whole deadline pressure thing in October. 
Shaboom!

Comments