Who would ever know that Baxter just told Cora that she was a jewel thief? Hold on to your tiara, it is true. That is the deep and dark secret that Thomas has been holding over sticky fingers Baxter. However, like Baxter I have a confession. Now, please be kind, remember I have not touched cross-stitch for a long time and remember also that the eyes just ain't what they used to
be.
Here it is. The chosen for this project linen. Oh, the shame of it all. I stitched, frogged, stitched again and finally said, Enough, give in and go get the Aida. Fortunately the swap was an easy one, 28 ct Linen for 14 ct Aida. Yes, this is a compromise but my fragile sanity is as well!
So, here is Pear #1 , on Sunday night, during Downton Abbey. I was rather proud of myself. Once I switched to the Aida there was smooth sailing. I had my threads all lined up and just stitched away.
| Moving right along. So far so Good. The Aida is a mushroom color. It is a little dull. I might need to do some staining on this one. |
Here she is on Monday night. Completed while watching the Pennsylvania Farm Show. You probably didn't know that it is still my little dream to have a farm. Nothing too big. Some horses, sheep, goats, rabbits and assorted barn cats...you get the idea. Nobody gets eaten on my farm, they are pets. Anyway, you may notice that my Pear is a little different from the pattern. Blame it on the farm show. After watching the draft horses (Belgians and my beloved Percheron's) I was all a tither. Then the bonus of the night, The Bunny Hop! You heard me correctly, Bunnies racing and jumping over little gates. OMG, I could hardly stand the cuteness. I counted my threads wrong. I work from the right so I didn't even notice until I went to line up the "S." Well, what a goof. Did I rip it out? No way, I added a snow flake because it is snowing as I speak. Ta-Da. Stitching done on Pear #1.
| She's looking a little wonky I think but it will do. |
I traced the pattern on to the back, cut out the shape adding the seam allowance. Next the finishing. We'll talk about that another time. You know I will probably add one of my 'extra touches!' Ps. the Farm Show is on all week. Wait till you see how excited I get over Strawberry Preserves :)
In full disclosure mode I shot a pic of the back of the work. A little messy I think. I have a friend who is the most accomplished cross-stitcher I have ever known. Now this is no exaggeration, the back of her work looks just like the front! Really. I also recently received a beautiful book mark from one of the Ladies of the Cloth and it is also perfect. I have so much work to do. I should begin by paying attention when I count threads! Yes!
- Now that I look at this photo the letters line up so wonky they look like a smile with a missing tooth, or two. That is not good.
- The snowflake will have to go.
- I will add a bird or something.for balance. Geez, nothing is simple for me lately.
- I know I will dream of pears. Strange thing, after having few or no memorable dreams the last couple years, I have started having memorable and very specific dreams again. They frequently involve Sewist related activity. A little gap in the soul just may have healed over a bit.
Comments