Bloggers Supporting Other Bloggers

SugarHouseintheHudsonValley_thumb
If you have been reading blogs for any time you are likely aware of "LINK PARTIES." These allow smaller blogs to add links to their blog on another blog. I discovered Cedar Hill Farmhouse a few months ago and always look forward to her posts and the three other ladies who publish The Scoop once a week. The ideas and photography are wonderful. For example, this week Anita explored elements of Swedish design. When I saw this little building my wee brain is screaming ...Sewing studio, sewing studio. I can see it built on the edge of my woods. What do you think?   source

Our Terri has started another quilting project. A relative beginner, she is fearless in choosing her designs. At her stage of quilting development I was still trying to cut a good square!

Her fabrics and colors for this little table runner are right on. She remarked that she needed some practice matching points but we all do, with every quilt I think. Can't wait to see this one at completion. Yea Terri!
  • The blogs are an absolute wealth of information. There s something for everyone, just look.
  • What I find is that I must limit my computer time. Another subject in great discussion. With so many outlets for creative expression from blogs, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. One could while away the entire day and accomplish nothing. I have set my limits and am pretty good at maintaining my discipline. I need one hour in the am to check email, banking stuff etc. Then I check Bloglovin, Facebook etc. All during this I capture ideas for my own blog. There are millions. I normally write in the evening while watching TV or doing laundry. Snippets of time can provide a cumulative time to accomplish many tasks. I have learned to use my snippets wisely.
  • A beginning quilter does well to find a support group like our Ladies of the Cloth. The wealth of help and information in a friendly group has a value that is difficult to measure. 
  • Still dreaming of the perfect studio space. 

 

Comments