A Friday Idea Day

 As I read my news feeds and emails I am always weeding out ideas for possible use. In theory, I like to separate them into categories. I do this privately, there are hundreds. In my lifetime I would never be able to complete even half of them! With the popularity of Pinterest I suspect I am not alone.

That said, here are two interesting ideas that may appeal. If you are a January organizer, as I am, updating your 'office' or 'studio' chair may be in the queue. Here is an example from Cedar Hill Farmhouse. Using a grain sack, Anita fashioned this French Country Chic Example. Sweet, non?
 grain-sack-slipcover

Updating a chair! Just click on this link to read the whole post and the tutorial as well as view other great decor ideas. 

Thinking about updating the studio also leads me to the "back wall dilemma."  I need to replace the quilt that hung there for a couple years but I want a totally different look from the log cabin. Right now I have an unattractive piece of micro fleece hanging there as an impromptu design wall. Pathetic. I saw this somewhere on Facebook and I apologize to whoever posted this because I do not have the link back. I think this may have been originally from the The Missouri Star Quilt Co. This could be made with any size block to suit your needs. I may just make it as a flimsy, not quilt it. I may bind or finish the edges and use it for a table covering. I think these may be be 6 inch blocks. It would be perfect with pre-cut charm squares or even 10 inch layer cakes......Oh, I just had another idea while thinking of my stash of pre-cuts! See, the mind is a terrible thing! The star makes me think 4th of July.





IMG_2416
Well, that's all for now. I hope that your New Year has started well and you are working on a nice little list of 'dream' projects. My motto for the year is......."If you stop dreaming, you might as well stop breathing!" Profound, isn't it? Feel free to use it if you wish!!!

Comments

sandi s said…
I started my pears last night. Im using a 28 count fabric also. I love that chair you showed for the sewing room, gives me an idea for my chair. My best wishes to your husband on his foot. I hope he heals well! Hugs,