After a few weeks absence it was so nice to be able to return to my weekly stitching group. While quilting remains the focus of this group many other crafts are in progress. Today I want to share some Fabric Christmas Ornaments.
Not long ago I said to myself......what else can I do with the Go circle cutter. Mmmm, I wonder. When lo and behold our Terri brought these to the Tuesday meet up. Are these cute or what? Using two fabrics, light and dark contrasting, cut the circle size of your choice, sew them right sides together leaving a small area open for turning. Turn the piece and round out the disc. From there it is all folding and a few stitches. Most of us have a button collection with an odd one here and there or think about those "extra" buttons that come with blouses etc. A special little focal point in the center makes these special. A small crocheted yo-yo would also be nice. Here is a U-tube video to explain that part. HERE.
Other possibilities for these little gems: hang tabs on gift packages, hanging in windows for a focal display, stitch a little pin on the back to wear as a corsage, or just to adorn a little tree in the sewing studio, how sweet!
Thinking about stars? Here is a nice little video for making Patchwork Stars.

So sorry for the blurred photo, taken from the video.
Or the good old stand-by, the quilted Christmas ornament. HERE Like this one.

Not long ago I said to myself......what else can I do with the Go circle cutter. Mmmm, I wonder. When lo and behold our Terri brought these to the Tuesday meet up. Are these cute or what? Using two fabrics, light and dark contrasting, cut the circle size of your choice, sew them right sides together leaving a small area open for turning. Turn the piece and round out the disc. From there it is all folding and a few stitches. Most of us have a button collection with an odd one here and there or think about those "extra" buttons that come with blouses etc. A special little focal point in the center makes these special. A small crocheted yo-yo would also be nice. Here is a U-tube video to explain that part. HERE.
Other possibilities for these little gems: hang tabs on gift packages, hanging in windows for a focal display, stitch a little pin on the back to wear as a corsage, or just to adorn a little tree in the sewing studio, how sweet!
Thinking about stars? Here is a nice little video for making Patchwork Stars.

So sorry for the blurred photo, taken from the video.
Or the good old stand-by, the quilted Christmas ornament. HERE Like this one.

Comments
And I love the look you gave your blog.
Have a wonderful month, my dear friend.
Love and blessings,
Jeanneke.