I have to admit that my post yesterday was more than a little snarky. As you may suspect things here have been somewhat overwhelming. Throw in a Holiday or two, sick friends, confused MIL and the mix can be volatile. This morning much better. Sleep, I needed sleep.
I finished the flimsy for a gift quilt and quite frankly, I don't like it. Not my usual. Not my style. I may not even layer it. I am going to let the recipient see it and decide if it needs to be something else.
Using this old couch as a background for this photo was obviously not a good idea. Get me the Dramamine! I don't like the color, this photo is really wacky on my computer screen and I suspect on yours as well.
Husband likes these color explosions, I am a calmer, more neutral kind of chick. This pattern is from Lynn Hagmeierr's book "Loose Change." It looked much better in traditional fabrics, Kansas Troubles line.
The fabric is Summer Woodland (I think) from Moda. A batik pre-cut charm pack and jelly roll collection that I picked up last Summer. Never really knew what to do with it so I thought I would test the 'layering' method that Lynne developed. The method is OK, but this one is so not working for me.
Addendum: Well, I sent said recipient a photo of the flimsy. She loves it. I've got to talk to these people! Lower their expectations. So I will start piecing the backing and start basting tomorrow night. Then onto the quilting. I think I am going to try something new there too. More on that soon, it involves plastic wrap.
Kansas Troubles Website: I bought fabric for another of Lynne's quilts from her next book. More on that later.
The Book
Here is a great blog I found a couple weeks ago. She has decorated all over for Christmas. Why not go over there if you need inspiration. Not a whole lot here. The blog: Confessions of a Plate Addict.
***As usual no compensation received or implied for the pattern, the book, the idea, the fabric et
I finished the flimsy for a gift quilt and quite frankly, I don't like it. Not my usual. Not my style. I may not even layer it. I am going to let the recipient see it and decide if it needs to be something else.
Using this old couch as a background for this photo was obviously not a good idea. Get me the Dramamine! I don't like the color, this photo is really wacky on my computer screen and I suspect on yours as well.
Husband likes these color explosions, I am a calmer, more neutral kind of chick. This pattern is from Lynn Hagmeierr's book "Loose Change." It looked much better in traditional fabrics, Kansas Troubles line.
The fabric is Summer Woodland (I think) from Moda. A batik pre-cut charm pack and jelly roll collection that I picked up last Summer. Never really knew what to do with it so I thought I would test the 'layering' method that Lynne developed. The method is OK, but this one is so not working for me.
Addendum: Well, I sent said recipient a photo of the flimsy. She loves it. I've got to talk to these people! Lower their expectations. So I will start piecing the backing and start basting tomorrow night. Then onto the quilting. I think I am going to try something new there too. More on that soon, it involves plastic wrap.
Kansas Troubles Website: I bought fabric for another of Lynne's quilts from her next book. More on that later.
The Book
Here is a great blog I found a couple weeks ago. She has decorated all over for Christmas. Why not go over there if you need inspiration. Not a whole lot here. The blog: Confessions of a Plate Addict.
***As usual no compensation received or implied for the pattern, the book, the idea, the fabric et
Comments