Post Christmas Musings and Garment Trim - a Lesson in Repurposing

Whew, that's over. Christmas I mean. My heart was not in it at all this year. The first time in my life. Maybe it is our warm weather. Maybe it has been overshadowed by life. Whatever, it's over for now.I will leave my minimal decorations up until Epiphany then off they go, back to storage.  We were greeted on Christmas morning with a large pine tree fallen across our driveway. No one could get up here in the woods where the food was! Glory be, what next? Fortunately, dear Son manned the chain saw and cleared the way. Nothing like inviting people to dinner and blocking their way!!!  Next year will be better.
Here is a nice tutorial on how to make this great sweater trim. If you choose to make one or more of these little trims I think you will enjoy this post on Tea Rose Home.

Loom Hats. I have made oodles this season. No photo's of the last 5 or so. If you have seen one loom hat you have likely seen them all.

So lets talk about perfect gifts. Number one, LIGHT. My Son and Dil gifted me with the Ott lamp I was longing for. I need better light in the corner of our family room where I most often stitch, knit, crochet in the evenings. I plan to work on my Pears there as well. This one became a bit of a joke before dinner when a nameless person started working the arms and saying ..."Danger Will Robinson!" It was rather funny.

This floor lamp does convert to a table lamp but I will mostly use it as is. It has a major true light, just what I need in my little corner. It does absolutely nothing for the decor mind you but it is highly functional....if it doesn't grab you !

I still have to print off my Pear graphs since I befouled the computer and printer in Husbands office. I will do that this weekend. 
Dil also provided some beautiful fat quarters for my quilting pleasure. I have already decided that they would be used in a tumbler quilt.  I'm going to give the Go a workout.






  • my family likes to remark that I am very easy to gift. There is always a sewing notion that I don't have yet!
  • Don't forget the PPPP 2015 starts on January 1st. That is 7 days away.
  • I have a great give away planned for January 2. Let's start the New Year right! This will be a Wool Alert!
  • This is also the time of year where I sort out the studio, organize storage and tweak furniture and machine placement. I would love to have a larger space. I will do an inventory list during January as well. Tools and do-dads sometimes hide from me and I want everybody back where they belong be it drawer, wall space or closet.  
  • Blogger is acting up so Toodles for now. 
 
 

Comments