I am pretty darn excited Quilting Friends! This week the Ladies of the Cloth brought some fabulous items to share. There are so many pictures that I hardly know where to start. In the general categories we have a Christmas themed wall hanging quilt, some hexi happiness, a pristine collection of miniatures as well as a modern intricately pieced gift quilt. I will reveal them one at a time. So many photos!
I have mentioned it time and again (please don't moan, it's sort of rude) but I have never met a dot I didn't like! Black on white dots, white on black dots. muted dots, swirly dots. It is a passion I tell you. So Linda enters with something all folded up. Then she says...."Oh I brought this in to finish the binding, it is a gift for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law! "
Oh by the way... it is absolutely stunning. I wish the photo's would do it justice but it is so fresh and modern with a star theme. All those Y seams. Months and months on a design wall! I would have been jumping up and down. With great humility (as usual) she accepted multiple compliments. What a girl!
My stars, my stars! See what I mean?
Color, dots, color, dots!
Not just the piecing mind you, this beauty has been hand quilted as well. Now that is a project!
Linda wisely left the colors and designs be the stand-out features for this quilt. The quilting is subtle and understated. Perfect.
The back is mostly this, there are some scrap pieces I didn't get. But see that foot there? The shoes rather mirror the quilt backing, sort of. This is my contribution to this post. The shoes have buttons on them, yes blue buttons. Cute, yes?
*This quilt is a gift, it is show quality. Just saying.
I have mentioned it time and again (please don't moan, it's sort of rude) but I have never met a dot I didn't like! Black on white dots, white on black dots. muted dots, swirly dots. It is a passion I tell you. So Linda enters with something all folded up. Then she says...."Oh I brought this in to finish the binding, it is a gift for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law! "
Oh by the way... it is absolutely stunning. I wish the photo's would do it justice but it is so fresh and modern with a star theme. All those Y seams. Months and months on a design wall! I would have been jumping up and down. With great humility (as usual) she accepted multiple compliments. What a girl!
My stars, my stars! See what I mean?
Color, dots, color, dots!
Not just the piecing mind you, this beauty has been hand quilted as well. Now that is a project!
Linda wisely left the colors and designs be the stand-out features for this quilt. The quilting is subtle and understated. Perfect.
The back is mostly this, there are some scrap pieces I didn't get. But see that foot there? The shoes rather mirror the quilt backing, sort of. This is my contribution to this post. The shoes have buttons on them, yes blue buttons. Cute, yes?
*This quilt is a gift, it is show quality. Just saying.
Comments
And the shoes are sew kicking :>)