A Simple Santa Stitchery for your Week-end

As we enter into the second week of Advent I wanted to share a sweet little project. Something like this is just the right thing to stitch up while enjoying a crackling fire in the fireplace or just listening to the rain dance on the window panes as the fog rolls in. I am grateful that we have rain and not snow today. Since I so enjoy seeing simple little trees decorated with berries and handmade ornaments, I am thinking this little Santa might be a contender for my kitchen tree. 

The designer, Wendy Stys-Van-Eimeren. has been published in "Early American Life" magazine. Her translation of primitive style, cross stitch and needlepunch are charming. While reading another favorite blog her name was mentioned  by Marly (of   Samplers-and-Santas Blog ) because Wendy had offered a sweet little stitched ornament for free on her blog Pineberry Lane.


Click here to download FREE Ho Ho Ho Cross Stitch Pattern

Wendy's blog Pineberry Lane is chock full of Primitive stitchery and she has offered the pattern above free to download.  I am not sure I will have time to whip this one up but I am going to try. It is so simple and so special at the same time. If you prefer a more modern style you could substitute a bright white linen and sparkly threads. 

Have a lovely week end, remember that each day is a gift. Gifts are meant to be opened and cherished. Enjoy every minute and stitch when you can. 

ADDENDUM:  *to see how Marly finished her Santa click HERE!

Comments