Summer Abundance and the Lack Thereof...A Summary Statement!

During the Spring leaf out we were thrilled with the abundance of greenery after such a long gray Winter. The greener the better, the fuller the canopy the better. What was I thinking? Under this layer is a driveway. Lots of raking to be done.

I have spent this day, off and on, working on my computer. I am rather protective of all my 'tools' and particularly my computer. However, Mr. Sewtopia has not been able to climb steps to use his and so I willingly (not) let him use mine. My analogy to this selfless effort was letting someone else use your toothbrush in a pinch, know what I mean? Well, long story short...what a mess. Windows 8.1 is a fiddly system. Apps for this apps for that, none of which have any interest for me. Now, he thinks that some of those stupid things have promise so he downloaded and uploaded and merged and synced to oblivion and really screwed this thing up. It has been a long day uninstalling and deleting etc. I am still not done but at least I could turn it on and get to my blog!!! There will be no more of that.

So now you decide to bloom! One of my absolute favorites, the Foxglove had been dormant all Summer.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a Rose! Three actually on the Knock Out Rose Bush that was apparently not totally knocked out. Wonders never cease. There will be snow flurries on this Rose, probably tonight.

quilt from MonValley quilters show, October 2014.
All righty then, lets put a bow on it and go to bed, don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour, or if you want to have some fun, don't!!!
  • tomorrow it will be getting dark at 4:30pm, oh my.
  • I will get to my sewing machine tomorrow, I will, I will, I will.
  • Auggie came back home today. In a beautiful little carved Rosewood box. It is good.
  • I cannot, will not watch any more political ads.
  • I need ice cream.

Comments

ELMO said…
Tea cup quilting, foxgloves and roses
you are quite the inspiration!

celkalee said…
Thank You Dahling, I do what I can but the juices are flowing slowly lately. Remember what I said about large property and lots of trees!!! You may want to rethink condo life:)