Smitten With Fabric

 Fabric, fabric, fabric. I think I may be one of those people that target advertisements are meant to incite. Put me in a shop with beautiful cloth and I almost hyperventilate. The sensors are firing full time with ideas and plans. I am anticipating a long and confining Winter in Sewtopia. I navigate that dullness with projects. Quilting, sewing, new window coverings, tablecloths and placemats and runners, knitted and crocheted projects. 
This year I have planned well ahead. I do not want to be caught in a snowstorm with no fabric!  
 I can always find a way to use a charm pack so I sometimes just pick up one or two in a singular fabric line to have on hand. The top fabric on this one shows the general feel of this pack. As I use the fabrics I promise to take better photo's. 
 Using pre-cuts provides endless possibilities as one works through the various colorways of each line. Add a first and/or second background fabric, a contrast border or two and you have a stunning quilt. The versatility of designing a piece using the pre-cuts  has become increasingly apparent by the many new books, written by quilting stars, that illustrate just how flexible the design can be.

This design, Somerset by Fig Tree & Co for Moda has been extremely popular in design. Many quilting magazines and books have used this fabric for patterns by featured designers. I resisted it last Summer but looking at it more and more I decided it would be perfect for a Warm Weather quilt for my bed. It is light, bright and modern.
I have plans quilters, lots of plans! Don't forget to add a Jelly Roll or Charm Pack in a neutral white or off-white. 

 Then there was a sale. What can I say...I am ready for the Nesting Season. You will know where to find me.

On another note, I would like to say that I have sorted out my Winter closet and have all that in order. I do not but I do enjoy living more simply via The Daily Connoisseur, Jennifer L. Scott. This weeks video shows how versatile her 10 item wardrobe really is. Just click on the link to see how she manages her closet.

*Mr. Sewtopia came home from the hospital yesterday. He is doing well now but we have months of healing and rehabilitation ahead.  Thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. 

Comments