Seasonal Musings for the Quilter, As The Nesting Season Approaches


No doubt about it quilters, the seasons are changing. It is subtle, the heavy morning dew, a distinctly different morning chill in the air, a blush on the feral Sumac trees all along the rivers and a slight golden cast to the Locust tree leaves. Most magical to me is the sunlight. It changes its angle and softens its glare. A dappled sunlight is my favorite Nature event in any season.

I am probably a Fall person. I would like to think that Spring is a favorite because it is the beginning of new life. And that is great. Summer is also great because of the generally laid back pace of life after planting season. Water the plants and watch them bloom. Winter, interestingly, was the season of my "colors" years ago when I ...Had my Colors done. Dark hair and fair skin translated as Winter colors. Another interesting contradiction is that most of the paintings in my home are of Winter scenes. I need to think about that one.

But really, I am a Fall Person. The colors are deep and multi-hued. The depth of color always, always amazes me. A little road trip up into the mountains is all it takes to inspire and enlighten me. This is the season when I know that Nature is a work of God. I was married in Fall, my children were conceived in Fall. Yes, time to nest.   

One of my favorite home decorating times no doubt. Last year my decor was limited, other issues took my time. This year I hope to do it up right. I change my kitchen decor per season because it gives me a great excuse to sew new curtains and table coverings.  I will get that done this week, hopefully!
*all quilt photo's courtesy of Mon Valley Quilt Club. Have a beautiful Fall week end.

Comments