Oodles of Noodles

Always looking for a way to re-purpose the mundane I came upon these when unpacking a box. Some time ago I had read where some inventive sewists buy pool noodles to store their fabric. They simply wrap the fabric around the noodle and stack the noodles. Great idea, no wrinkles.

So here they are, they are much smaller than pool noodles, approximately 2 inches in diameter and about 10-12 inches long. You know I could not toss these!

My wide Ric-rac was lounging around in a pile on my desk, now it is neatly wrapped around the noodle and secured with a pin. I will be wrapping noodles all day now. They will store nicely in a basket or plastic tub from IKEA or even just stacked like cord wood on a shelf. (Like I have a free shelf.)

I am planning my first Spring quilt as well. These little posies will be part of that. Ah, the Go cutter, what did I ever do without you?

*just remember that YOU pay for all that packing material in the post and in boxes. Some of it is good enough to find another purpose, some is not. Just put on your thinking cap and see what you can invent!

Comments