MMM-Monday Morning Musings

The Original Sun Bonnet Sue's!!

  • I watched a movie yesterday that I had taped some time ago. Title was " Contagion." What in the world was I thinking??? Gweneth Paltrow made a very believable corpse.
  • I may need to try to forget the whole thing. Much too real now. I frequently had to work in the isolation rooms. I never liked working in the negative pressure rooms. All that equipment, looking like I was wearing a moon suit! If I had been weightless it might have been better. Be thankful dear friends that there are people who do this work willingly, it is sometimes dangerous, exhausting, and very hot, even in dead winter. Now virtually all hospital rooms are set up for an isolation setting to screen for contagion before the staff and family are exposed. The negative pressure rooms are a different experience altogether. It doesn't "just happen!" It requires dedication and skill for the epidemiologists to define isolation parameters. This is done with research and testing. OK, off the soapbox, can you tell I just had a conversation with a clueless person?
  • I baked a pumpkin pie yesterday too. The first of many I am sure. This is a pumpkin pie family.
  • I have fussed with those Batik squares, finally just laid them out and I will sew them together this afternoon. Beyond that....who knows? I am sort of floundering with the whole Batik color scheme thing. 
  • My only other Batiks in stash are in another color family altogether. Yeesh.

  • No Batik's in this quilt, perfect points every inch. 
  • I have never made a Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt, I have the templates somewhere.
Well. that's all for now. May this week be a good one.

1. wash your hands frequently, the hand sanitizers are better than nothing but a warm soap and water wash is best.
2. keep you hands away from your face. the average person touches their face....3000 times per day!
3. teach your children, teach your friends, teach everyone. It is flu season.
`4. if you are sick, stay home. if you are too sick, call your doctor. go to the Emergency Department only if you are really, really sick. pick up the phone, call a help line, call your insurance liason. get the truth about the illness. Your favorite waitress means well but she is not prepared to define your illness or treatment, (again, a conversation with the clueless!)

It is not my intent to chastise, only to inform. 




Comments