Hello, A Holding Pattern

This post will probably sound lame but things are a little off- kilter in Sewtopia and consequently so is my productivity. How does that happen when you are doing something you love? I do know that there are times when I need to go into a holding pattern when life gets more complicated than my time will permit. Trying to juggle everything to squeeze a few minutes at the machine just doesn't work. I start to get frustrated and make mistakes. I also have discovered that sometimes I just need to work on a project totally different from quilting. So...............   step away from the machine!

She needs a break, sometimes you just need to step away for a few days.........do you know what I mean? I am tired of looking at the current quilt-in-progress. I still like it, it is very colorful and busy but I  need to let it rest a while. Yesterday, at the "Ladies of the Cloth" meeting we were so excited because Terri taught us how to do some wet felting. OMG, what fun. Now I must say that I am doing a little embellishment to my project from yesterday but I have also started another one!
We were lucky because it was a warm and lovely day. A little breezy but we were in a courtyard that protected us a little.
Here we are in progress, that is my little felted circle in front. I have more photo's of the one I started this afternoon. I have to tell you that this is more than a little exciting.
I wanted to show how nicely Karen's latest quilt blows in the breeze! Believe it or not, two people are holding this for me. The quilting is beautiful in a modern style, so, so sorry, I neglected to get a close up.
on my mind:
  • yesterday was most likely our last day to do any work outside. 
  • I had been away for three weeks, holy cow, not good, I miss my sewing friends.
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you Terri for teaching us how to do this. I had a great time, you are a great teacher. 
  • I really dislike the whole time change thing. Is this really necessary? Can we opt out?
  • If my giant ric-rack does not arrive soon there are a bunch of Thanksgiving projects that are going down the tubes. I will need to come up with a work around for sure. 
  • After this felting project my wool roving now has a purpose, it seems happy about it. Well as happy as wool can be I suppose. 
  • Yes, it has been a difficult couple of weeks. Sick family, I miss my Auggie and the weather is getting cold. OK, enough moaning and groaning I have wool to felt!!! 
 

Comments