Chickens, Hexi's and Quilt Shows, Oh My!!!

I have never been to a 'not good' quilt show. There is always something special no matter where it is or who sponsors it. Some of the Ladies of the Cloth traveled a short distance yesterday to a show in Perryopolis, Pa. The Mon Valley Quilt Club had a wonderful representation of quilts in style, pattern and design. One of my favorites was this little beauty, I have never seen this pattern and I suspect someone who farms or raises chickens designed the pattern. One little worm facing off all those birds!

And then there is the Hexi. The glorious quilt is made up of 1 inch hexagons. It took the maker 16 months to complete. Can you imagine? The colors are so happy and the border, well, just look.....
 Now I ask you...are you catching the fever yet? Entirely hand-made and hand-quilted as well.

Today's Conclusions:
  • I enjoy quilt shows, particularly ones where I don't have to do the work!
  • I wish I had the physical stamina to walk and stand longer. With the weather change the bones are screaming. Just saying.
  • Supporting local shows and vendors keeps the spirit of quilting and the future of quilting alive. It is a responsibility for all needlework enthusiasts. IMO
  •  Spending time with friends is always good. 
It is cold here. 80 degrees to 45 degrees in 24 hours. Typical for this area. We joke that the weather changes so rapidly here you can experience 4 seasons in one day.

Today I harvest the rest of the herbs, wash them, dry them and plant garlic. I will bundle up. Have a nice weekend. Plan your quilting projects for next week. If you have a plan the the work will get done. Well, that is the plan anyway!

Comments