We are all so pleased with the outcomes of this project. Rose took the responsibility of being the coordinator for the process and I wanted to share the flimsy's with you. She used the same sashing between the rows for each quilt and that became the cohesive element.
See what you can do with an idea? Think about all your sample blocks sitting in storage. Could you marry them in a similar way? Do you have bits and pieces lying about that need a direction? I was not so sure about the row quilt process because they just didn't balance to me. Coming from a traditional background I sometimes struggle with the abstract concepts so well documented on the blogs and now in shows. I am getting there but I need much more study. While these quilts are all traditional blocks the row concept gives them a modern interpretation.
Thank you, thank you Rose. I always learn so much from you. You are an artist who happens to quilt.
Comments