 |
| Karen's most recent string quilt. |
I just love String Quilts particularly if they are scrappy string quilts! To that end I have been cutting 2 1/2 inch strips from all my left overs and odd bits of fabric. I want to sort through the drawers that hold all the older fabrics that have sort of gone out of style and mix them into to construction, a-la-Bonnie Hunter.
 |
| I made this one last year, Cosmo Cricket |
 |
| I keep the Go cutter open and ready unless I am quilting. This way scrap management is automatic. No piles of scraps to deal with! |
 |
| A new feature of the 2 1/2 inch cutter are registration lines for angled cuts. Nice for making bias strips. |
 |
Here we've got some strips cut from some left overs from fall projects. I plan to separate them into light, medium and dark's. I also have some selvage scraps saved as well as odd bits and pieces. |
What have you used for a foundation for string quilts? An online discussion suggested large parchment sheets from Sam's Club, like they use in the deli. Lightweight, easy to tear, inexpensive. I will check Costco too. I used newsprint the last time and it worked out just fine but I really like the parchment idea. I'll let you know.
With very compromising photo's of celebrities dominating the news stream this evening I couldn't help but think back. Do you remember when we thought Peyton Place was
scandalous? The theme song.
*
You might like "The Orange Sink" a rug hookers blog.
Comments