Still on my New Year Theme for September. A new season. A new list of projects just for the season and planning ahead for the Holidays. First let me just say that I know how fortunate I am to have a dedicated space to sew. And I must say that I have been pretty good keeping my studio cleaned up as I work. The key for me is to be organized and to have what I need at hand. If I have to search around I lose time. If I have to toss through multiple drawers and baskets I make a terrible mess. In that vein I needed to set up a little area to hold cutting tools etc. on the end of the table near my Handiquilter. When it is not in use I need that flat surface and a large cutting mat and for the Accuquilt cutter. It becomes a work station, a stand alone area to do specific work. I cut there, I plan there.
Item number one. I like to review these little work areas regularly and tweak their function so that I can do more than one thing there. So a few weeks ago my aged dishwasher finally bit the dust. That old flatware rack was calling to me. I just could not toss it in the trash. Sooooooo
In addition I did an IKEA run and picked up one of the three tier metal rolling carts just to house the Accuquilt dies and necessaries. I just roll it over to the table and everything I need is at hand. I am happy. If you have the chance consider this tip. It is slim and takes little space while keeping all those sharp tools at hand.
So here were are friends, September 1st, the first Monday of the Month. That means a need to issue that gentle reminder to work on your mending, if you have any. Keeping up means more time to do the fun stuff.
Oh Happy Day, the Edwin Hawkins Singers 1969
Oh and Fashionista's, here is a link to a blogpost by Marcy Tilton when she and Katherine toured Vogue/Butterick/McCall's patterns in Manhattan. take a look, wish I worked there!
A charming written piece of information for your breakfast etiquette.
Item number one. I like to review these little work areas regularly and tweak their function so that I can do more than one thing there. So a few weeks ago my aged dishwasher finally bit the dust. That old flatware rack was calling to me. I just could not toss it in the trash. Sooooooo
| I cut little pieces of fabric scraps to put in the bottom of the section that holds the pens so as not to accidentally mark the green mat. |
In addition I did an IKEA run and picked up one of the three tier metal rolling carts just to house the Accuquilt dies and necessaries. I just roll it over to the table and everything I need is at hand. I am happy. If you have the chance consider this tip. It is slim and takes little space while keeping all those sharp tools at hand.
| Again, IKEA to the rescue. |
So here were are friends, September 1st, the first Monday of the Month. That means a need to issue that gentle reminder to work on your mending, if you have any. Keeping up means more time to do the fun stuff.
Oh Happy Day, the Edwin Hawkins Singers 1969
Oh and Fashionista's, here is a link to a blogpost by Marcy Tilton when she and Katherine toured Vogue/Butterick/McCall's patterns in Manhattan. take a look, wish I worked there!
A charming written piece of information for your breakfast etiquette.
Comments