Claiming Your Space, Thinking Out Loud

Martha Stewart Living Reading Nook
A reading Nook (pinned from a Martha Stewart Board)

I need this little nook. Just think how much reading, planning, sketching and pondering one could accomplish in a space like this!

I would replace the cover on the mat with a lovely quilt, whites, off-whites and a very pale blue, sort of sky blue. Then I would cover those pillows with a nice little knitted or crocheted cover with seed stitch, maybe one with a cable or two in the same muted whites and off whites. I would need a little antique table, Chippendale style,  with a couple little drawers for pens, note pads and ear buds. A little Blue Delft vase of seasonal flowers would round it out.  

OK, well I have a mountain of laundry waiting for me, dogs to brush and fungus tainted tomato veins to pull. See you later.

escapism, The Best Song Ever, can you find Tom Cruise?

Comments