Big Blocks For a Quick Quilt

This is a sample quilt from Kansas Troubles, I am not sure where I saw it originally. The elements are very simple, squares and half square triangles. The fabrics are signature Kansas Troubles colorways. This is the Moda Love Layer Cake Challenge Quilt pattern available for download from this blog.  Choose your favorite fabrics and quilt as desired. I think I will strongly consider this pattern for one of my Plus 1 project quilts.

  • My Plus 1 Project is a new thing I have in my head. I need to be one or two gift quilts ahead at all times. I used to be really good at that. The last couple years, not so much. 
  •  I am going to try to work with the Go dies in my collection to cut my squares and half squares. I will likely want to add a border or two and maybe a little more bling on the outer border. Just thinking out loud. 
  • I may test it using a Christmas Layer Cake for this. Need to lay it out and see how the colors work out.
  • I am thinking I might use the Christmas motif die. I did find more of my favorite fusible the other day. I stocked up!
     


Comments