How can you not fall in love with a row of ripening tomatoes on a windowsill, I ask you? I love Summer! Do you see that wall of vines outside the window? They are green beans, about 9 feet tall, totally enmeshed with each other, not a bean to be seen! We have blossoms now though. Update at 11.
The flannel circle quilt is done. Joined block to block, flannel back, no batting because the front is two layers already. Quilted with some stitching around the big circles, a tacking star motif in the center of each, words and expressions here and there specific to my Great Nephew. I used many of the built in decorative stitches on each block to further secure the layers. It was fun, now it's done!
There is a lot going on here, it is really busy. Not the style I would normally make but the class was great fun.
The little Guy lives in a climate where measurable snow is rare. Last Winter he got to use his sled. I used words that were specific to him, sort of an "I Spy' theme. I am concerned with the washing, however, the instructor assured me that she makes these all the time and has not had a problem Mmmm, hope so. I sure hope his parents think so!
Conclusions for this project:
The flannel circle quilt is done. Joined block to block, flannel back, no batting because the front is two layers already. Quilted with some stitching around the big circles, a tacking star motif in the center of each, words and expressions here and there specific to my Great Nephew. I used many of the built in decorative stitches on each block to further secure the layers. It was fun, now it's done!
There is a lot going on here, it is really busy. Not the style I would normally make but the class was great fun.
Conclusions for this project:
- Using these circles helped me catch the Accuquilt fever. I had pondered the purchase for a couple years. This clinched it, I love, love, love that little machine. Wish I had thought of it and patented the process. Millionaire baby, I would be a millionaire!
- Flannel is fun to quilt, this is the second quilt where I have used flannel.
- I need to work faster, geez, I am too slow.
- I have another flannel collection in the stash, a grouping I picked up at a quilt show a couple years ago, designed for a Rag Quilt. I don't want to do another Rag, I will be scanning the books for a pattern. I sort of accidentally purchased a new Die for the Go by hitting the wrong button on Amazon. Oh well, these things happen.....ps, it's a Log Cabin Die. Yippee!
- Auggie the big dog is holding his own. He still requires lots of attention but we are thrilled that he is doing so much better. Lucy the little dog is like a cheerleader. It is heartwarming.
- Another day of rain and heavily overcast skies here. Summer has been a rumor. The only consolation is that there is no white stuff to shovel.
- Have you ever made a row quilt? I have been scanning the webs and have a few conclusions. Some not as positive as others. I seem to be getting more opinionated in my old age.
Comments