The Charles James Exhibit at the Met and Free Patterns from Project Sewn

Charles James: Beyond Fashion (May 8-August 10, 2014)"Taxi" Dress, ca. 1932
The "Taxi Dress," 1932,  My favorite dress. Nothing quilty today. I wish I could pop over to the Met to see this amazing exhibit. I do know someone who is going and I want a full report! Such genius without formal training. Everyone is thrilled with the exhibit and the technology used in the presentation. One can walk all around the gowns to see every little detail. The gowns are on one floor and the other clothing on another floor. A few people have commented that they did not realize there were two floors and actually missed half of the exhibit! Oh my. Another commenter remarked that the gowns were so tiny. Not just small in size but short in stature. She laughed and said it was like an exhibit of miniatures! Oh how we have benefited from better nutrition! Yes? No? Oh well. I added a link in the label section because blogger would not let me link in the text. Formatting, yeesh.

What a night we had. Storms and wind and power loss at 3:39 am. It happens rarely, we are fortunate. After gathering battery powered light sources etc. I started planning how I would obtain my morning Coffee. Creatures of routine, we are easily deterred when things change. When I remembered that the local McDonalds is a 24 operation I was relieved and went to sleep thinking of all the projects I need to work on and how hopelessly optimistic I am to actually think I will get to them! Ha! This post came through this morning. If you are looking for some quick Summer sewing projects Project Sewn sent out these three freebies for you!  Hope you have a lovely day.
Austine Hearst in Charles James Clover Leaf Gown, ca. 1953Charles James, 1952
The Clover Gown, 1953
Nancy James in Charles James Swan Gown, 1955
Nancy James, in Charles James, "Swan Gown" 1955
Charles James with Model, 1948
Charles James with model, 1948
Charles James Butterfly Gown, 1954
The Butterfly Gown, 1954

Comments