Something in the Air

 Credit: Debbie DiCarlo/Rex Features Coyote karaoke: a coyote teaches its pups to howl at a wildlife preserve in Hinckley, Minnesota
Credit: Debbie DiCarlo/Rex Features Coyote karaoke: a coyote teaches its pups to howl at a wildlife preserve in Hinckley, Minnesota
This could be Mr. Sewtopia, with the howling I mean. After some consideration I finally pinpointed a barrier to my sewing education. Arthritis. Simple as that. I stopped taking classes where toting a machine and all the sewing miscellany required for workshops became too much. While I still have decent strength, my aching joints scream for days after carrying a heavy sewing machine. And unfortunately they are all heavy. Now the Featherweight is not that heavy but I am not entirely pleased with the stitch quality. That is what happens when you have another machine that you use all the time that has an excellent, consistent quality stitch. So why is Mr. Sewtopia howling? Yes, I picked up another machine. A little Babylock Rachel. She is computerized, very good quality stitch and she only weighs about 16 pounds. She has a nice roller case as well. Answer to the problem. After talking to a friend with the same passion we have decided that Gloria (here) is piping some sort of stimulant into the air in the shop that makes us vulnerable to the charms everywhere in that shop. Just a thought! Now, back to work :))))))) An interesting post by Sarai of Colette Patterns explores the shopping passion here.
  Yesterday was a Guild workshop, circles. More on that tomorrow. These sweet little machines got a nice little workout. It was good. 

Comments