Creativity is inspired by the wonders of our universe.
When you are in the right state of heart and soul, just like magic
you can tap into the endless flow of universal creative energy and
resources and inspiration comes straight to you. - Coty Farquhar
Now the next series of photo's belong to my table-mate at the workshop, Kathy. Kathy has a Gammil long arm and has run her business for (I think) 17 years now. Her work is stunning. Many of the quilts you see on the TRQ website were quilted by her. It was so nice to share her creative process during the day. What I found most interesting is how she has evolved in her design sense. She wants to work with simple designs, clean, and with limited color application.
| For example, these simple circles become dimensional with setting. |
| Simple but symmetrical. |
| Interlocking rings. |
| Probably my favorite. |
| The white back ground here actually looks like another ring. |
| Color. |
| Circles at play. |
| Circles on the Moon. |
*all photo's used with permission by the way
**Sorry, didn't get the teachers quilt photo's uploaded yet, tomorrow, I promise!
***I remember when "modern quilts" were sort of like a swear word to those of us with traditional leanings, a little time, a little exposure.....see how flexible we are?
Comments