Inspiration Friday, Some Ideas for You

So here we are, Friday again. Without a doubt, Spring/Summer days go very fast, much faster than their Winter counterparts. Busy times in garden, home and studio. I am still on my clean and purge quest. I actually found some Christmas gifts that I bought in 2010 tucked away with some nice Pendelton Wool. OMG. Got to get a handle on this ladies, really.

So, here I have a little collection of other peoples work to share. Hope this inspires you. Have a great week end. Off to the Pittsburgh Arts Festival today. Weather is perfect. 

The Quilter/Sewist can never have enough scissors. I like to keep a small pair in each of my handwork project bags, at each work station, and I even have a little collection gifted from friends and family. These probably all need sharpening and care one of these days. I have a pair padded with some kind of tape because the user was terribly arthritic and the padding protected her swollen joints. I may be the only person who collects old scissors.

I  was recently gifted these little cuties from My Guild Show organizers. Sharp and just the right size for my little tin.

 I keep my sharp little scissors in a case to avoid getting stabbed and to protect the edge. My favorite keeper is too small for the new scissors, so a new addition is required. A recent email post came to me with a cute little pattern using two charm squares, a little batting, a button and some string.


Click on this link for the original pattern Scissor Case.  Hello...who does not need a little cutie like this. Think about gifts.   Party favors, birthday gifts, teachers gifts a starter kit for a beginner. Most of us do a bit of handwork and having a complete little kit to pop in a purse or tote is just the best. I am also considering connecting it to a lanyard or Chatelain or some sort because I am always stabbing myself when I sit and stitch! I am thinking I will use a scrap of Upholstery fabric......

*Want to get some inspiration for Fall? (I know, give me a break because Winter usually follows Fall) Check out this stunning Fall themed table runner using Hexi's, Wool, and amazing quilting by Amy here.

*Is there a Medallion quilt in your future? Something to work on, add to until you just can't add anymore? Well, look at this beauty  here.

*Is Wool Felting calling you. Margo shows her latest creation  here.

Comments