Guild Workshop, Circles

A Guild members sample

My field trip Tuesday was to a Guild Workshop by Pat Matthews, the Circle Play Workshop. A former guild member, Pat, no longer lives in this area but traveled to teach us how to have great fun with circles. A interesting concept, much fun by participants and kits and pre-cut circles made for a day full of innovative design. Pat has the Studio Accuquilt Cutter and prepares each cut with a fusible to make each applique ready to go. You had the choice of using your own fabric as well. For 6 hours we stitched and laughed. Circles are good for you, I am convinced.

Over the next few posts I will share some photo's from that workshop.

Take this collection! A Sew and Sew member, Linda, made these cuties! I heard the laughter from the other end of the room and just had to pause my work to see what was going on. These blocks are going to make a really cute quilt. Tune in later, when she sets these I will share the finished product. What fun.
Linda cut the circles to form the facial elements, ears, etc. She used quite a few of the available fabric samples for this.
Chevron hair, how cool is that?

I was so excited that I took this guy upside down at first!
A bit menacing I think, with a headband.

Confused

Do you remember 'Mr. Bill?"
Hello

Happy!

Meanie

Miss Elegant

Fun in the sun

Wise guy. Piqued your interest? There are many more examples to come. I have debated adding the Accuquilt cutter to my tool box for a couple years actually. This exercise just shows how much you can do with the template designs as well as the "waste" fabric after the original template was removed. The comments about the waste portion of the fabric did concern me but as my table partner and I discussed all during the day, we all have large collections of fabric that we want to use up for our charity quilts. These templates will help do that. Even the border scraps have purpose. She already has the cutter, uses it all the time once she became accustomed to its possibilities. *not an endorsement of the product, just an observation.

Tomorrow I will share some of the teachers quilts. You will not believe the variety of quilts she brought!






Comments

Jeanneke said…
You've got the prize in my Give Away!
Lucky, Happy Lady in Sewtopia.
Cheers!

Jeanneke.