Do You Give Yourself Deadlines? July 4th is Upon Us! My Little Quilted Flag



How do you answer that one? I sort of self-impose deadlines just to maintain motivation. I am not sure that I could be a quilter as a profession, requiring an income, to keep the hounds at bay...so to speak. I really admire those who do this for a living. I read other bloggers who stay up all night to complete a deadline project. Others who have very rigid work schedules and partition their creativity into a full-time job amaze me. Good thing I am able to do this as a hobby, not as a living! Why is she ruminating about this you ask?

At least 4-6 weeks ago I received my Summer issues of Primitive Quilts and Projects and there was a cute little Patriotic Flag mini-quilt there that I wanted to make. How hard could it be? Not hard at all as it turns out but setting aside the time to do it was the issue. Fast forward, the Holiday is this week and I haven't started. I did pull some fabric, mostly left over pieces and a fat quarter. It was in a task basket ready to be made. So after I finished the House dress Quilt I set to it. Here she is.

The fabrics are mostly left-overs, the red with the dot things used to cover a bulletin board, wash, press, holes from push pins closed, works for me!

I enjoyed playing with the decorative stitches on my new Babylock. We always remark that we don't use them much, I am trying to be more diligent. All in all, it took only about two hours and was a fun, quick project. I need that between the biggies!
the layout, hearts and stars fused with Steam-a-Steam 2

decorative stitch

three step zig-zag

not sure what this one is, bounces between left and right and pops stitches in the middle

threaded a stick through the casing

serpentine down the  stripes, also a programmed stitch, 7mm
Whoa, lost a point on this one, needs a dab of glue, haven't done this for a while! Did I hear a Yippee?



Comments