Lillies of the Field

After a long and frustrating week I find that my friends are the bright spots of my day. In many ways. they are the Lillies in bloom. I will be so thrilled when my Lillies burst forth.  Fragrant and almost painfully beautiful, their fragile short bloom life draws me outside to enjoy the joys of nature. Right now on my daily walk I see some of the bulbs popping through the soil, little chick-weed trailers around the rocks in the garden, and egad, snow mold. Yes, the long miserable Winter with its endless snow pack has killed off large sections of lawn. Just what we need, more work on the lawn.
 
On that note, lets review this weeks selections from the Sew and Sews.

Betty Jane is working on her stash collection! A nice modern interpretation of color.


Nice Borders.

Linda Sue has been working on this little quilt during her travels. A TRQ Show entry.

Hand quilting is lovely but not really visible in this photo, sorry.

Betty Jane is paper piecing these little airplane blocks.

This is an entry for the TRQ show from Karen. Beautiful.

machine quilted, great colors.


Rose, Rose, Rose....is this the smallest Dresden we have ever seen?

Just look at these itty-bitty blocks!
amazing!
Well that's all for now. I hope you have enjoyed this little tour. Each quilt is entirely different in design, color and scale. Such versatility. Such fun. Thanks ladies for sharing your work.

The Three Rivers Quilt Guild Show is coming up March 27, 28, 29. If you are in the Pittsburgh area please stop by and be prepared to be inspired. One of the local television stations did a spot this morning with Pat (a Sew and Sew member and Show Co-chair) and long time member Kit.

Comments

ELMO said…
OMG love those little dresdens, and the planes, and the log cabin. I don't even have to go to the show to be inspired :)
corinne said…
I know, our Rose makes stunning mini's! Wait till you see the uber-mini hexi's!