St. Valentine's Day in Sewtopia

Vintage Valentine
This year is moving fast, isn't it? Or is it my imagination? I remember celebrating this day in Elementary School by decorating a cardboard shoe box with a slit cut in the top for class mates to drop their card into the box. My Mother always made sure that I had enough cards for every person in my class and the teacher. Some others were not so thoughtful and only gave out cards to their friends. There were always some hurt feelings. It has been a long time since I thought of that but I was reminded because Mr. Sewtopia (the ultimate gifter) has been sidelined this year recovering from surgery. No driving for 3 more weeks. Oh boy.......So how did I manage this? I ordered us (me-to-him and him-to-me) a lovely pizza oven. A mutual gift that I will review once I get a few pizza's made and some photo's.  He was concerned that my feelings would be hurt because he didn't get something special for me. That is why he is a keeper, not because of the gift, because of the thought. We will be married 45 years this October. That's a lot of Valentine's gifts!




Comments