As the air cools, the colored leaves fall and multiple roadside stands present their Harvest offerings of apples, apple cider and pumpkins the
Sewist is officially back. Where did she go? Maybe you didn't notice, I have been swimming against the current for a very long time now. I am not sure about this but I recognize my design passions reigniting.
 |
| beautiful gift from MIL |
On a long car ride yesterday, during my favorite season for such things, was I thinking about all this natural beauty? Only a little. I was remarking to myself that I was preoccupied with quilt projects. It has been a long time since my creative thoughts were little more than a pleasant distraction. That person who sketched in her head while baking bread, the one who looked at every wall in the house as a potential design wall, the one who would wake from a deep sleep, run to the studio and rip a seam or rearrange a few blocks in the middle of the night, that was me.
 |
| Here are a few of the little "K" blocks, (Kaffe Fassett, Kite shaped template, Kaleidoscope finished block) |
I began my quilting life with hand piecing. I was passionate about it. My recent return to that has been fun, almost obsessive. As I piece these little blocks I find that I am excited about the work again. I cut out 114 of the 4 sided kite-shaped blocks so that I would have them ready to stitch up during the evening TV time. I am having such a great time with these. While I have many, many more to make, the process, the journey has been a bridge
back to my creative spirit that has so suffered in recent years. Onward and upward.
 |
| this is a Major stretch for me, all this pattern and color....in one place! |
 |
| I laid these out on a table just to get the idea. |
These are arranged in rows. With this much variety in each block I will certainly need these to hang out on a design wall for a while, before the final stitch up. Wowsers! Is this traditional old me?
Comments