Witches, Chevrons and Wallflowers! Oh My!

It is Fall now so of course the  Halloween decor comes out for Mr. Sewtopia. One of several vignettes, this carved wooden doll is one of my favorites. Not sure why but probably because a dear friend and I each got one on a special day at a festival. The garland was purchased the same day, about 18 years ago.

Just look at that face! Even if you aren't a fan of the holiday, a Halloween witch with that sweet expression and that hooked nose just has to tickle your funny bone.

Now on to the Sew and Sews. I must first apologize because I did not get all the photo's I wanted yesterday, I was exhausted, I  probably should have gone home to nap.  I will try to catch up next week.

Our Karen is so talented and it shows in this modern interpretation of a relatively simple pattern.  Modern and bright colors with the white background, beautiful. This quilt will be Karen's service quilt. It is large, about double bed size I think. Someone will be really lucky!

I hope you can see this pattern, rectangular blocks, one colored and one white, set on point to form Chevrons.

quilt, white negative space
Check out the back, chevrons!
Now listen to me...Betty Jane has had this project in a box for 9, count 'em, 9 years! She took a class and like many of us set it aside. It is absolutely stunning. The colors, the piecing, the applique.

elsie b campbell
This photo shows the components. She has an orange and a purple color-way in progress as well. More on this one later, I hope.

Interested? Here is the website of the designer and lots of information about her and her workshops. Just Click Here!

Comments