When You Do What You Do.....in the Studio!

While piecing the paper foundation quilt (easy, no matching, no pattern fussing)  I had the opportunity to study my surroundings and consider a furniture placement that I dismissed in the past. I was able to incorporate the dreaded wrestle-with-me design wall! As you view my organized clutter be kind, one day I will move to a large, well-lit, sleek new space. Don't put money on that one! I am very happy to have a dedicated space this large. But....a girl can dream. 

Ikea
this photo shows the two fabric chests moved across the room, for the first time I decided to try them here. This is the long wall of the room. The quilting machine used to be here. My goal in this reincarnation is to find a home for the design wall.   


as I turn a few steps you see the main desk (behind the green chair) Please forgive the clutter,  this was taken with several projects in different stages. The large cutting table is folded on the left. If I can figure out a way to keep that open in this space I would be thrilled.
 
Ikea
a little turn shows the bookcase that has been neglected in the cleaning, that is on the list next. Thinning, sorting, purging, etc.

design wall
And now, the design wall, in its flimsy crappy plastic frame is wedged and jammed into the space where the two fabric chests used to be. The quilting machine is there too. The quilt top on the wall is paper foundation pieced one I referred to. Today that one gets basted and hopefully the quilting started. I have a fold up table to place on the left of the quilter when I am working.

stunted growth on the crochet blanket...can't get in to it right now.

the next layer cake collection, I picked up two of these at the Sewing Expo, I have plans!

3 Sisters
great colors
Well, off to make breakfast for the Hubs then down to Sewtopia to get to work!

Comments