Tools and Piecing Batting Scraps

I am starting to believe that there is some sort of telepathic mind-set with quilters! Just the other day some quilting friends and I were discussing quilting tools, new rulers, irons etc. Quilters love their tools. I am no exception. Mr. Sewtopia gifted me with a new iron. I have a thing for irons. I swore up and down that I would not buy another Rowenta but he didn't, so another Rowenta is going through its paces. This one was a feature on QVC during the Mercedes Fashion Week. So far it is great! I know, I said great. It is a super steam generator with a million little steam holes. After several ironing marathons I can truthfully say I  am impressed. Now, we are early in this relationship and if she starts her famous to this brand spitting, I will let you know.
mercedes fashion week steam iron


Another tool that I have debated for probably 10 years is an acrylic extension table for my sewing machine. I kept thinking....how can it help me improve my stitching process, then I would balk at the price and not order it. Well, at the  Sewing Expo, in a moment of weakness, I took the bait. It arrived yesterday. Easy to assemble and it fits perfectly. I used the recommended polish to slick up the surface. I used it while sewing some binding onto my service quilt, but not yet for piecing. A few very talented advanced quilters I know swear by these tables. I will report back.

custom cut acrylic table


acrylic
this brand is Sew Steady Table, reference here.

Finally, the left over batting quandry. While mining the stash for batting I found a large bag with an  assortment of large and small pieces of batting. Most were 100% cotton Warm and Natural. I had a piece large enough for the quilt I was working on but there sure were a lot of pieces left over. This subject surfaced at the Sew and Sews a couple weeks ago and we each discussed our methods of using or not using batting scraps. Well, today the Moda Bake Shop post addressed a great way to utilize those scraps and a nice method for  photo modafirst_zps8aa2ec4a.pngjoining pieces.
For the entire post please visit a new to me Favorite Blogger. Meet Jodi Nelson at the Pleasant Home blog. Her process is fully explained and the blog is eye candy for the quilter. 

Comments