This and That on a Monday

The colors in this print remind me of the Pantone Fall Colors chart. Janice, of The Vivienne Files here has been running an interesting series on how to incorporate these new colors into your wardrobe. I read another blog recently where the fashionista writer claimed the desire to purge all black items from her wardrobe. Good luck with that, Janice can help you sort that all out if you are interested.

While watching a PBS  endless fundraiser drive about girl groups from the 1960's, I remarked to myself, again, that everything old is new again. The clothing is almost identical to what I see now, just not as sloppy and cheap looking. Even the dances are looking familiar. Now I know where Beyonce copied her dance moves..."Locomotion!" If you don't understand what I am describing it might be too late for you. 

I forgot how great a voice and persona Leslie Gore had back then, and Fontella Bass, Skeeter Davis, and of course Aretha Franklin.

I wish I could return to the sixties and do it all over again. Never thought I would say that. No major changes, just some little things.

In This issue of Marcy Tilton's blog for Everyday Creatives she defines her take on the Feng Shui principal of  moving or rearranging 28 items in your home to keep the energy fresh and how she accomplished it. Now I need to know if you must move 28 items or you can only move 28 items. I need to work on that one because a serious clean up is due in Sewtopia this week and I don't need any negative energy there. One more thing to worry about,,,,,,,,,
 
A quick jaunt through a large, national department store revealed no velour! Thank You!

I just discovered that the Project Linus chapter here in South Pittsburgh is the only one in the country with  an actual Storefront. The owner of a Charming little strip mall has donated a large and comfortable space and  utilities to the group. Many of our Guild now use that space for our monthly Quilt project. Thank you Mr. Caste.

See, not all the news is bad, there are good things going on all around us, we just need to open our eyes a little wider.  Well, at least I do:))))))

That's all folks.


Comments

Jeanneke said…
You are so right! Thanks for this beautiful post.
Blessings,

Jeanneke.