Not Finished this Friday!

Good Morning from Sewtopia. Sadly, I have nothing new to share today, lots of in-progress items, some things that will be gifts, other "Little's" in  my head. Sewing and un-sewing seemed to be the norm this week.

 I am such a fan of Botanical prints, this one is Redoute' Garden Plum. As one perceives the subtle shifts of season, such as a ever-so-slightly different slant of the sun, a die back of the undergrowth in the surrounding woodlands or the industrious little squirrels that scamper all over the Sewtopia gardens and trees, I am looking forward to what I refer to as the Nesting Season. A time to gather up the wood for cozy fires, unearthingng all the cuddle quilts, and preserving the garden bounty,

So as our Summer wanes have a lovely weekend, cherish your Family and Friends, absorb the last of  Summer's  mild weather and make plans for all those fabulous Fall quilt and craft shows. In this area we are privileged to host the Ligonier Highland Games. Next weekend I will get to see all the adorable Hightland animals, herding dog trials and Bagpipe parades. Held in a mountain highland old fashioned amusement park, the events are sprinkled in groves of tress and an open field in the depths of the park. When I hear the pipes I am transported to my heritage. I am hopeful that it will not be so hot this year, wearing the Clan Tartan in the heat is a bit much!!!
Ligonier Highland Games (The Official Site) - Ligonier, PA
The Official Site


Comments