Monday Musings for the First Full Day of Fall

The first  2013 Monday of Fall. How did that happen? The perception of time has changed for me in the last few years. I so enjoy the changing of seasons and Fall is no exception. I think the warm tones of changing foliage is a trigger for me, to clean, clean, clean and decorate. To bring out  the cuddle quilts. So many good Fall memories.
  • I have a lot of Fall decor, some I haven't seen for a while. I avoided my attic collections in the last two years because of our Stink Bug invasion at this time of year. This time, no little invaders. A few outside, no new candidates in the attic. Thankfully!
  • We built and moved into this house in the Fall of 1974, just built, there was no landscaping, lots of mud and lots of work to be done but the surrounding woodlands were glorious and brilliant with fall color. It was the beginning of a long and happy home life.
  • Surrounded by wildlife, we are preparing our bird feeders. One of my favorite past-times during foul weather is to feed and watch the woodland birds. 
  • The squirrels are busy too, scampering all through the yard and gardens, gathering nuts.
wool ghost
One of my Fall Woolie collection. Mama and Baby Woolie are ready for the season.
  •  Mr. Sewtopia is still thrilled with his Fall/Halloween quilt. 
  • fall/halloween quilt
  •  I am having trouble leaving comments on some blogs, some of my favorites....blogger!
  • Another busy week ahead. I think that is good. I am always sad when someone comments that they are bored and have nothing to do. I strongly believe that idleness is the root of discontent. You may quote me. Or not.
  • I will start quilting  the Alphabet Jelly today. It will be a free-motion design, my favorite style. More open that previous quilting patterns, I am on a deadline with this one. Updates to follow.  
A New Feature in Sewtopia, sharing links to some of my favorite blogs. Not just quilting, I will include lifestyle, gardening, garment sewing and crafts as well as inspiration and insights. I hope you enjoy peeking into the life and  skills of these talented people.
If you have a minute please check out one of my favorite blogs, My French Country Home, by Sharon Santoni.  As Summer transitions to Fall in Normandy her photography and lifestyle are like a little vacation.

Comments