A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush...a Finished by Friday Post

Bird number one on the left is an off-white (not yet coffee-stained stained) wool/poly craft felt with wing detail hand stitched in a wool/poly thread. Bird number two,  on the right, is made from a precious piece of my over-dyed felted mustard wool. The pattern was altered for this version. I made his wings a single layer and cut the wing span shorter than the original. I will be making more birds. Love this pattern!

OK, you can say it, she must be the "neighborhood wacko!"   She is posing little wooly birds in the tomato plants!!!! Please take comfort in the fact that I am not the only one. Just saying, no names.
primitive pattern, bird, lauren
Dear friends, meet Lauren. A sweet little pattern by The Goode Wife of Washington County, Stacey Mead is an amazing artist. In her repertoire are the most charming patterns in the primitive art category I have ever had the opportunity to use. This is one of several I recently purchased and I had such fun making it. As I mentioned the other day, I am having great creative fun working on little projects.
The pattern photo, please forgive the blurriness.
nice full-size pattern

my first bird was made from a wool/poly blend craft felt

a fringy ribbon became the 'wreath' for his neck

I used this wool/poly brand Aurfil thread to hand stitch the wing details and make the French knot eyes, the pattern calls for little black beads for eyes, I substituted.

 
It has been a while since the old hot glue gun! I promptly burnt my fingers in the process.
 
stitching bird number two, the mustard over-dyed wool

So, another Finished by Friday project. While I have several others in progress, I like the concept, it keeps me motivated. These little birds fit the bill perfectly because the big projects seem to be much more labor intensive and slower to progress.

Please pop over to see Stacey's other patterns, I have more in the pipeline. She also has some outstanding finished pieces for sale now and then. Her blog here.ALICEIn a post from today Stacey shares her most recent accomplishments and how thrilled she is to be published, again. She deserves this recognition. 
On that note, have a great week-end. I am off to visit a local farm that raises Alpacca and produce. A friend of a friend is the owner and it has been on my to-do list for weeks. A field trip of the "really in the field" style!!!

Comments