Time Travel in Fashion, The Styles of the 1920's, Check The Prices!





It is a very rainy day in the Northeast, but we do need the rain. Have to feed the weeds. What a week this has been. Two former co-workers and an old friend have passed away, I lost a diamond ring. My change of life is looming (not that one, Husband is retiring) and multiple family members are dealing with health issues. It is unsettling. I slept last night for the first time in days. That helped. The studio is a work in progress, why does it always take much longer I think? Anyway, I have been interested in the 1920's styles lately. The sleek lines, the details. Embroideries on lingerie, pin-tucks, little bows, tiny gathers, tiny lace,  fur trim, chevrons, channel stitching. Have a lovely weekend. My plan is to try to smile more, or just try to smile. Just heard a news flash...the trend of the gigantic purse is going away, really, that was predicted.
See you next week.

lingere, coats
Montgomery Ward Catalog-1920's
*From the Dover Sampler here

Comments

gwensews said…
So sorry about your friends and family members. Retirement definitely affects both partners. I hope your husband has interests that will keep him busy, other than relying on you, constantly. Although prices and wages have dramatically increased through the years, I don't think our dollar goes as far as it used to. And we have so much more to buy!
Corinne said…
thank you so much. such is life. The dollar is struggling, that is why I have stocked up on sewing and quilting supplies! Anyway, that is the excuse I am using:)