Multiple Monday Morning Musings

As an early riser, I see my world in a special light. The beginning of another day and the potential therein. I have mentioned in the past that I keep ideas, patterns, process and notes in composition books. Like the artist and her sketchbook, I document my creative process.

These notes are a pattern I was playing with for a crochet piece. After several test rows, I was not happy with the first trial, frogged it, started again. Despite life, life-style and life-time changes in Sewtopia recently, I will continue to do this. Very early morning, sun just up, dew on everything,  I have my coffee on the patio with the notebook planning and evaluating.

Part of this process involves periodical review. One of my absolute fav's is this one, Primitive Quilts and Projects, available here, check the website. I love, love, love the simple quilt on the cover. *absolutely no affiliation with the magazine, their sponsors or publishers, just so you know.
 We have a baby, a baby eggplant that is! I saw this forming from the blossom 2 days ago and had intended to take a daily photo. I got busy, so this is day number three for Alpha.
egg plant blossoms
Here is Beta, day one. One plant, we will watch this one! I need to try to stick to my daily photo project.

I have an addiction, it is kitchen stuff, anything kitchen.  Who does not need a mini cast-iron cornbread stick maker? Really. On a recent visit to a local Strawberry farm I cruised the kitchenware aisles and spotted this essential piece of cooking paraphernalia.

The same shop had these little butter crocks. I cracked my old one a few years ago, this is a replacement. Another essential.
butter crock

What else goes on here? More on that tomorrow. Have a lovely summer day, I will be making Strawberry Jam. 

Comments