Board Basting, Bored Lucy and Formatting Issues

Sorry I have been absent, having some teck issue with formatting. Since I last posted:
piecing the back of the Dogwood Quilt, yes I know, still that one!

backing done, grab the Basting Basket and head upstairs to the Dining Room table, contents include a pincushion, 30 wt Knit-Cro-Sheen crochet thread, scissors. Note the magnetic strip glued to the side of the basket, because I always misplace my needles.

the boards, the quilt wrapped on the boards, ready to baste


my Sweet Lucy, bored to sleep during the piecing of the backing...I hear ya Sister!

the top is wrapped onto the board right side up

board basting
the advantage of this method is that you can put a little tension on theh fabric as you wrap it on the boards which helps with the unintentional pucker. This is the backing wrapped onto the board, wrong side up.
Board Basting Video part 1
Board Basting Video part 2

I will take a pause over the week end because I need the dining room table for entertaining. My Dear Son has a Birthday and we have a Fathers Day celebration as well. Studio re-do snaps coming up, I have found a tea set that you will enjoy and I have another quilt to baste. (insert yawn and moan here) and I have an all day workshop on Tuesday to learn Fabric Collage. See you next week!

Comments

gwensews said…
I think that is one of the best techniques I've seen in a long time
Corinne said…
It is really good. I rarely have problems. It is important to make sure you load the boards evenly and the edges are even, otherwise the whole deal skews to one side.