While working on the studio redo I came across a drawer full of pincushions. As if waiting to be called into duty there they rested, with old pins, some bent pins, needles threaded with odd threads and a precious diaper pin. A trip down memory lane. There are others but today I'll share just these:
 |
| I started lining them up on a shelf, |
 |
| the chick feeder was already there |
 |
| then I ran out room |
 |
| My very first pincushion, a Birthday gift, from my Sister, I was 10 years old. The blue velvet has faded, the faux-Emerald birthstone continues to twinkle in the light. |
|
 |
| One year, for Christmas, my Aunt and I made these. An 'Orphan tea cup' with filling hot glued, a bit of lace. Pincushion. |
 |
| top view, messy, needs a sort out too! |
 |
| for silk pins, made from upholstery fabric samples |
 |
| found in an old sewing box |
 |
| a Me-Made tomato |
 |
| for Applique pins |
 |
| a large strawberry, Me-made from felted wool |
 |
| a Me-made from a porcelian napkin ring |
 |
| A precious Christmas gift from a Dear Son |
 |
| Holy cow, what a mess. Note the plastic head pins, I don't use these anymore, I worry about the plastic melting with ironing! This one has been tucked away since the early 1980's! |
 |
| felted wool on a silver spoon, need to sort out those plastic head pins! |
 |
| Hat Pin, antique. My Mother's Mother who was a 'Sufferagette' received this hatpin from parade organizers when she marched in the first Sufferage Parade in Pittsburgh, Pa. I keep it in the chick feeder pin cushion for now. |
 |
| the chick feeder |
 |
| A Mary Engelbreit teapot |
Some day when I run out of projects, I will clean these up and sort out what is and is not useable. In the meantime, back to their little drawer.
Comments
Love your collection, Corinne.
Cheers,
Jeanneke.