Springtime, Busy time

What a week. The major construction projects are done in Sewtopia. It has taken this week for me to put most of my house back together. I still have two rooms to work on window treatments, but thankfully, I will be able to resume  my normal routines and get to work in the gardens. In zone 6 I have learned the hard way not to plant until the last week of May. I did start piecing the back for a quilt that Lucy (the black Lab) promptly pulled off the ironing board, rolled it all up and made a blanket of it. What a character. A little crochet while watching the tube but otherwise no sewing. I also spent some time sorting the stash. For some reason I have collected lots of cold weather fabrics! Warm weather fabrics such as linen and cotton and poly-cottons are sparse, but I will use those up first. So far I have not purchased any clothing item that I cannot make myself but I did falter a little yesterday.  Denim & Co. 2-pc Gauze Embroidered Butterfly Sleeve Top - A231349This little gauze tunic (with matching tank) called me for one specific reason. The construction of the sleeve/side seam as demonstrated was innovative. With no gaping at the armscye the side seams start high and taper.   So I bit, I will review when it arrives. Gauze is a tricky fabric, in all cotton it can stretch and loose the design. In poly it can turn into a 'sauna suit!' Remember the sauna suit? Anyway, This is a blend. Available here.  I have some lovely new fabrics to share and some very interesting books my dear DIL gave me for Birthday/Mothers Day. The Month of May is flying by. Have you ever noticed how quickly the warm weather month pass? Till tomorrow.  I 

 

Comments