Memorial Day Quilts

As we approach Memorial Day here in the US, I am reminded of the many sacrifices of our Veterans and those wait for them.  To honor them Memorial Day is a time of respect, thankfulness and pride.


I have remarked  here and to myself often that the pleasant weather months here in the Northeast tend to advance on an accelerated schedule. I cannot believe Memorial Day weekend is upon us.The American Flag flies at my house at all times. The bunting goes up for the holidays and  the porch rockers get their quilts. When the evening air chills there is nothing like a quilt for cuddling while reading or just enjoying the sunset. 

The official opening of the Summer season, Memorial Day signals vacations, picnics, summer cottages, lakeside events,  catching up with old friends. I have a few Red, White and Blue quilts that I unearth to use between Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. An homage of sorts in fabric. This log cabin is one of those.
machine quilting

This one I called 'The Patriot' because of the colors and time frame when it was finished. This is an in-progress photo, I don't seem to have one of it completed.
Missouri Quilt companyThis little quilt from the Missouri Quilt Company would look nice on my porch!
 
If you would like to see an amazing collection of Red, White and Blue quilts, check out this Pinterest Board. 

It is a busy time in Sewtopia. A picnic here one day and a pig roast with old friends the next. The following week is a vacation week for us. Lots to do, no great destinations because of other responsibilities but a change of pace. Day trips to local places of interest.  In closing, have a Wonderful Memorial Day weekend, drive carefully. See you on the other side.  

Comments

gwensews said…
Day trips are my favorites Have a great time, visiting wherever it is you enjoy going.