Garden Walk, Vintage Notions by Amy Barickman-part one

Muddled thoughts. Lists, multiple lists. Too much to do. Have you ever had a jumbled thought process where putting it down, on paper or computer, just will not happen? My lists are really long at this time of year but this year we are doing major residence updates and maintenance. This has left me adrift. So I go for a walk. My garden beds need much work but right now little peeks of abundance to come had me clearing my mind.
alium
   Just look at this dear little Alium. A member of the onion family, I planted these bulbs about 15 years ago and faithfully, every Spring, they return to bring color to this garden space. This bloom reminds me of a craft/sewing project in the Vintage Notions Book by Amy Barickman.In the April installment, an article from April 1927 predicted a fashion trend that was a must have for the fashion conscious lady of the day.
amy barickman
Made of chiffon, Georgette, triple voile, or mouselline de soie this chrysanthemum can be made from 1/2 to 3/4 yard of 40 inch fabric. In this post Casey of Elegante Musings made the flower as described in the book. It is really cute. Her review of the book here.  Vintage yet modern at the same time. Tomorrow I am going to stop at Joann's and pick up some fabric to try this one.

The garden walk did help me sort out some thoughts but I also needed to add a few more things to the list. This rhododendron is about 
30 years old, and stunning every year.

The list additions:
  • get that power-washer going
  • move that wood pile
  • our wild deer herd are increasingly intrusive and destructive
  • not much time with sewing machine this week!
  • need to mine the stash for some fabric to make this flower......(that goes on a different list tee, hee!!!)

Comments