I am a passionate organizer and list maker. So when I found
Karen of the
Sew Many Ways Blog a couple years ago, I knew that I would learn from her. I was correct. Her blog is so many things. Do you remember the
chick feeder pin cushion? Found it there!
 |
| the original |
 |
| my copy |
The post I reference today is a fine example of organization. Meet the binder system. Karen has her projects and inspirations all sorted and filed. The post is one of many featured in her "Tool Time Tuesday" series.
click here to see how Karen is Taking Care of Business! This is a versatile system for systematically containing any information from home to business and craft.
 |
| my binders |
 |
| tear pages from quilting magazines divided by categories |
 |
| easy finds, great inspiration, reduces the constant pile of magazines |
I decided to cut down on the magazine subscriptions and purchases. Most are more than 50% advertisement. Now, don't misunderstand, I like the advertisements. They illustrate new products, notions and fabrics available in the marketplace. That is good. But.... I don't need to save all that for posterity . So I sort through and tear out those pages and patterns that I think will help me learn and inspire. Thus, the
Great Binder Project is an ongoing process. I have two more of these large binders on the shelf, waiting to fulfill their function in the future. How do you catalog or contain your inspirations?
Comments