The Wonderful Women of Tuesday

 Ah, the ladies have been busy. Some in-progress photo's have been omitted because the quilts are on their way to the Three Rivers Quillt Guild Show March 21, 22, 23. I will share them once they are complete. 

This pretty little quilt, a 'Disappearing 4 Patch' is a delight of color. Linda has pieced this little beauty with pinks and reds and a crisp white background block. Love it, can't wait to see how she finishes it. Here is a link to a tutorial on how this beauty is  constructed-The Disappearing Four Patch
 

 These are Jenny's alphabet blocks. On top we have the finished beaded "A" abstract  block. So pretty, so much patience required to secure all those beads!











This is the "B" boy block. A little neighbor boy painted the fabric with his great imagination clearly at work. Jenny is stitching and beading this in-progress piece.
 Marion is working on a new afghan, great color, love the pattern too!


 Now, hold me down. The next three photo's are of a beautiful and exceedingly generous package from Jenny to be presented in the "Dream Baskets" I am making for the quilt show. These photo's do not do the  fabrics justice. They are her best yet. Beautiful colors, generous samples, I am forever grateful.
 Very early on in the process of collecting items for the baskets I was getting nervous. Really nervous. I had sent out so many letters to merchants, vendors and manufacturers explaining our show, our charities and our mission. Little response. Then some amazing items started drifting in. Guild members came to the rescue and pitched in with beautiful fabrics, patterns and notions. Then a couple amazingly generous manufacturers and shop owners came through.I am so impressed with the offerings this year. I hope the winners fully appreciate how lucky they are to share in this bounty.
Our Rose has been busy making these itty-bitty post-card quilts. Those tiny little blocks amaze me. 
.


one inch squares, yes, one inch squares:)
Our snow is melting as March snows usually do. My tulips are up a couple inches under the snow cover, I saw a robin yesterday and hope springs eternal.The studio is calling. I have the one yard apron in the queue, the dogwood quilt is still on the design wall, I have changed the setting again and will ponder that for a while. Since it went up Jan 14th I think it is safe to assume there is no rush! I need to search the fine linen fabric stash for a special project. More on that later. Have a wonderful day.

Comments

gwensews said…
Quilts look totally different when the show is hung and always beautiful. Good luck with it. Lots of work.