A Rescue, the Bearded Iris Vintage Quilt


Good morning dear friends. I have chosen a flower theme for today mostly because it is snowing here, again, every day, some snow. When it is so dreary outside I tend to physically ache for Spring! So I will let this quilt be my Spring moment.


restoration quilt
Here is a close up. Using templates and multiple colors for the flower heads, this is a perfect Spring/Summer quilt!
To rescue a quilt like this is an honor. Linda Sue is patching the hole with a similar fabric and will mimic the hand quilting used on the other corners. Since the damage is limited this is a great project. I have a couple quilts that have been loved to threadbare and I will cut out the damaged parts and use them for pillow covers, table runners etc. When a full restoration is not possible those little pieces can be re-purposed. I have even used small  pieces to make pockets on an apron and a jacket. How do you rescue?

*Botanical drawing Redoute'

Comments