A Fashion Experiment-A Week of Black

I have mentioned the fabulous blog The Vivienne Files in the past. With each post Janice presents us with multiple options for our wardrobes be they 33 pieces or 333 pieces! I particularly appreciated a little experiment she posted on Monday. It is a chronicle of wearing all black to work, every day with the only variable being a scarf, the same scarf, all in different colors. And trust me these are fabulous scarves. Here is an excerpt from the Monday post, used with Janice's permission. Enjoy! The classic and innovative pairings in this post clearly illustrates Janice's organized and fashion forward approach to dressing. Thank you Janice! Please pop over to the blog to see the rest of the offerings for week.

Since I don't go to a day-job anymore, my approach to daily dressing is somewhat different but also similar in some ways. I try to keep it all simple and comfortable but presentable in a public way. Not one for sweatshirts and ratty jeans, I am looking at a new direction for Spring/Summer,  more dresses, more color, less frump. Mmmmm....I think I was leaning in this direction last Spring, then I started a new quilt, then the garden, and the flowers and the canning etc. I think you get the idea. Since clothing sort of takes a back seat in my priorities I will need to concentrate, schedule and plan. Yes? Check out this fabulous lavender trench!
 here.
 http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-X26imWxzIG8/US9d91SIM1I/AAAAAAAAG9U/i6kY6_2IWtg/s1600/lavender+coat.jpg
 And one of my most favorite posts that hits just the right note for me, the 'Whatever's Clean Summer Wardrobe!' After you see this one you will say "I can do this!!!" (and still have time to quilt:))   here

After scanning the garment fabric stash, I find little in the offerings there. I can see that I have my work cut out for me since I am not fabric shopping and trying to cull the stash. Using the basics as illustrated by Janice I am trying to add more color.  With Spring approaching I am trying to liven up a bit! Wish me luck.

Comments