Oh, and Here is Another one for Fashion Week-Vogue 8876- Marcy Tilton

I am sort of laughing at myself when looking back on my "Fashion Week!" Do you see a trend? I do! Anyway, as an addendum or an after-thought I added this dress by Marcy Tilton for Vogue. I see great summer potential here. Not just another shapeless summer dress, the design lines really show some shape and structure. Is that not what I have been looking for?  So, I added to my line-up. What do you think?*Please see Marcy Tilton's Blog for Everyday Creatives here to see how she altered this pattern to be a sleeveless vest under a jacket that is also an altered pattern. She is one of the most inventive and creative designers I know!
V8876

V8876
V8876
V8876
V8876
V8876
Marcy Tilton
V8876



Line Art
 Marcy Tilton just released this pattern with the Spring 2013 Vogue patterns. At first I thought no, particularly the long sleeve puffer cap version, but the sleeveless or cap sleeve view A or B are a possibility. Depending on the fabrication, this might work for me. Marcy tends to lean toward artsy interpretation of her patterns. Her fabric choices for this one are truly inspired. In the samples she used some stunning digitally printed Japanese cottons, pictured on her blog, here.The more I look, the more I like!!!
 
MISSES' DRESS: Loose-fitting dress has collar with casing, yokes (self-lined back, cut on crosswise grain), princess seams, side pockets, back pleat, and hem band. A and C: self-lined cap sleeves. C: stitched hem on sleeves. B and C: front zipper. Purchased drawstring for collar.
FABRICS: Linen, Broadcloth, Gauze.
Unsuitable for obvious diagonals.
**Without Nap.
NOTIONS:
A,B,C: 11/8 yds. of 3/8" Ribbon.
A: Ten 5/8" Buttons.
B,C: One 26" Separating Zipper.
Combinations: B5(8-10-12-14-16), F5(16-18-20-22-24)

Comments

gwensews said…
I need to see that dress made and on a real person, not a model's figure, to decide about it. Maybe you?
corinne said…
I did get the pattern, who knows if it will ever get made. I have such grand plans! I will probably look very puffy in it.